The nation’s largest outdoor shrine, Our Lady of the Snows drive through Christmas lights display is only 15 minutes from downtown St. Louis.
Other points of interest include a life-size nativity created of Lego Blocks. On site restaurant and hotel packages (coupons online) and horse drawn carriage rides.
Way Of Lights Hours – November 18, 2011 - January 1, 2012
- Light Display…5 pm - 10 pm
- Animal Rides/Petting Zoo…5 – 9 p.m. Nightly Be sure to visit our expanded petting zoo to see and feed the unique animals. Cost: $5 per person – all ages Location: Camel, Donkey and Pony Rides - OLS Church Parking Lot
- Tree Display…11 am – 9 pm Decorators and designers from the St. Louis/Metro East display their best creations showcasing ‘Children’s Books’.
- Restaurant…11 am – 9 pm
- Gift Shop…10 am – 9 pm
Lego Display – daily and nightly See a life-size nativity created of Lego Blocks. Daily & Nightly in the Shrine Hotel Lobby
Wreath Display & Auction - Each year, local artisans, crafters, florists and others create wreaths to be displayed during the Way of Lights. Throughout the display, visitors can bid in a silent auction to “win” one or more of the unique wreaths. Funds raised help to continue bringing the Way of Lights to the community.
If you would like to donate a wreath, please contact: Marissa at 618-394-3100 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where to Eat - Well known for outstanding food and great service, the AAA-rated Shrine Restaurant has been serving delicious meals since 1960.
Check the website for coupons on some meal options such as
- Thursday Night Steak Special
- Friday & Saturday Night Germanfest with all the traditional favorites
- Sunday Night Chicken Buffet, Featuring Chicken & Dumplings and Fried Chicken
Where to Stay - Shrine Hotel, a Belleville hotel is 12 miles from downtown St. Louis. Hotel amenities include, free high-speed wireless internet (wifi), fitness room, guest laundry facilities, and small pets welcomed. The hotel is adjacent to Our Lady of the Snows Church and the Shrine. Restaurant.
Christmas Hotel Package – November 18 – Jan 1, 2012, Way Of Lights Package for one – two adults to a room, $149.99 includes:
One night stay with complimentary continental breakfast, two laser show tickets, two animal ride tickets, one souvenir photo print & upload, one limited plush animal, a $10 certificate to restaurant, one disposable camera, one mug w/cocoa and one 25 Days, 26 Ways Christmas book
Mass Schedules -
- Cancer Mass of Hope – 11:30 a.m., 1st Monday of every month
- Healing Service – 7:30 p.m., 3rd Friday of every month
- Sacrament of Reconciliation – The Sacrament of Reconciliation begins thirty minutes before Mass and ends ten minutes prior to Mass.
- Spanish Masses - 7:00 p.m., Sunday (Year Round)
- Our Mother of Perpetual Help Mass and Novena - 6:30 p.m. - 1st Wednesday of Every Month
Daily Masses – Church of Our Lady of the Snows
Monday – Saturday 7:30 & 11:30 a.m. (Daily)
Saturday Evening Mass 5:00 p.m.
Sunday Masses 9:30 & 11:30 a.m. *Thanksgiving, and Christmas Mass only at 9:30 a.m. New Years Day Mass at 11:30 a.m. **Easter Sunday Masses 6:45, 9:30 & 11:30 a.m.
For more information: National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows, 442 S. DeMazenod Dr., Belleville, IL 62223-1023, phone: 618-397-6700 or 800-682-2879. Just 15 Minutes from downtown St. Louis (I-255, Exit 17-A).
You might also like: